Newbury Apple Day will be held on
Saturday 12th October, 9 – 4
We will be in the Market Place pressing apples – so bring along excess fruit from your garden or allotment.
It will be a great day to find out about Newbury’s community orchards – there are now 3! We will have heritage and local apples for you to taste too.
A host of Newbury businesses will be participating in Newbury’s Apple Day.
The Newbury Pub will have a Hog Roast on the day – complete with apple sauce of course!
At Shoemakers you will find Apple cakes to accompany your morning coffee or afternoon tea and at The Corn Exchange there will be apple treats too.
Make the most of your apples this year by bringing them along to the Market Place in Newbury on 13 October. We will press them into juice for you!
On Saturday 13th October we will be celebrating apples and orchards in Newbury. 2012 heralds Newbury’s first Apple Day and the planting of the town’s first community orchard, planted earlier this year with the kind permission of Newbury Town Council.
We are inviting gardeners, allotment holders and anyone who has abundance of apples to bring them along to our press on the Market Place in Newbury to be pressed into juice.
Come and join our apple celebration!
Apple Day, Saturday 13th October, 9am – 4pm,
The Market Place, Newbury.
- Bring your surplus apples along and we will press them into juice for you
- Apple cakes and treats for sale
- Apple Chutney and juice to taste and buy
- Taste heritage varieties – apples you just can’t find in supermarkets
- Learn about Berkshire’s very own varieties
- Win prizes in Apple competitions
- Find out more about Newbury’s first Community Orchard
- Visit other Newbury cafes and businesses who will offering their own apple based treats
- Judging of Apple Art competition for local primary school children
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com